Pushbutton latch switch for controlling AC appliances with push on and push off. Hello people, we use the universal on/off switches to switch on and off the AC devices that run on the domestic power supply and even we use toggle switches, as well as momentary switches. But we do not use the Push buttons for these devices. As 1. They don’t handle that much load and are small size 2. They aren’t like that if pushed once then stay on until we don’t put it off ourselves. But still due to their small size and easy to operate and less sound production quality attracts us. So, In today’s tutorial, I am going to discuss a Pushbutton on/off switch circuit for controlling AC appliances( push-button latch switch for ac device). So let’ begin with our Pushbutton latch switch circuit for AC appliances(Pushbutton latch switch for Push on & Push off).
Circuit for pushbutton latch switch
- Pushbuttons -2pcs
- Q1, Q2 BC547-2pcs
- R1, R2, R3 10K-2pcs
- R4 1k-1pc
- Relay 12V – 1pcs
- PCB Board 1 small size
- 12v power supply or 12v battery.
- The circuit shown above follows the Astable Flip-Flop topology. The transistors are switch open (set) and switch closed(reset) by two pushbuttons, once a push-button is pushed and released it gives the opposite input(either logical1 or 0) from the other input.
- It is just like an S-R flip-flop with set and reset input and outputs having 1 state and other output of its reversed state.
- The transistor BC557 is coupled at the output stage for driving the relay which controls the 220v device safely without even the user’s interaction directly with the mains switch. So using this circuit is also safer and convenient.
- The circuit can be made over a general-purpose PCB or can be made over a Printed PCB. The design is so easy and this circuit has many advantages too, like:-
- Easy to use, just one set and reset(one for on / one for off )button of too small size.
- No user-contact with the mains supply, basically provides electrically isolated control.
- No danger to get any kind of shock as we had for conventional domestic switches.
- Easy control, just press 1 small button for ON or OFF.
- press and release frequently.
I hope you guys like my posts and tutorials. If you like them then please comment below and let me know. Below I am adding a small video clip for circuits working do watch that video too.